In our last post, we were introduced to the Advanced Portal for SCSM 2012. In this post, we will walk through the Requirements, and get those ready.
To be able to use the Advanced Portal, you need to ensure that the server it will be hosted on meets the following requirements prior to starting the installation:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or later)
- Web Server (IIS) Role (including Windows Authentication)
- A Domain User account that is a member of the Service Manager Administrators role
- Your Service Manager Management Server needs to be accessible over the network
- Service Manager version 2012 (or higher, including SP1 or R2)
NOTE: It is not required to install the Advanced Portal on the same server as the Service Manager Management Server, therefore it can be on its own server.
Installing Internet Information Services
This walk through on installing the Web Server (IIS) server role has been done on Windows Server 2012 R2. If you are using a different Windows Server version other than Windows Server 2012 or R2, your steps may be slightly different.
Start by launching Server Manager from the taskbar.
Click on Manage, and select Add Roles And Features.
On the Before You Begin screen, click Next.
On the Installation Type screen, select Role-based or feature-based installation, then click Next.
On the Server Selection screen, ensure that your web server is listed and selected, then click Next.
On the Server Roles screen, scroll to the bottom of the Roles list and select Web Server (IIS).
NOTE: You will be prompted with the following message. Click Add Features to continue. The Web Server (IIS) role should now be selected, then click Next.
On the Features screen, click Next.
On the Web Server Role (IIS) screen, click Next.
On the Role Services screen, ensure that the following Role Services are selected, then click Next.
- Web Server > Security > Basic Authentication (optional)
- Web Server > Security > Forms Authentication (optional)
- Web Server > Security > Windows Authentication
- Web Server > Application Development > .NET Extensibility 4.5
- Web Server > Application Development > ASP .NET 4.5
- Web Server > Application Development > ISAPI Extensions
- Web Server > Application Development > ISAPI Filters
- Management Tools > IIS Management Console
On the Confirmation screen, click Install.
Once the installation has completed, click Close.
We now have the Web Server (IIS) role installed.
In our next post, we will cover the actual Installation of the Advanced Portal.