Recently, I was contacted by Squared Up and asked if I would do a review of their product. Since I’ve reviewed other third-part products in the past, of course I would be willing to review this one.
For reference, although not SCOM-based, here are some other products that I have reviewed:
- ITQ’s End User Portal for System Center Orchestrator
- SCSM 2012 Dashboard by Signature Consultancy
- SMTrak Enterprise Dashboard by Signature Consultancy
- Advanced Portal for SCSM 2012 by CodeCraft-Solutions
- SCSM Dashboard by Expit Ensight
- SCUtils Knowledge Base For SCSM 2012
So let’s get started. This series will cover the Squared Up HTML 5 Dashboard and Web Console.
- Squared Up’s HTML5 Dashboards & Web Console for SCOM – Part 1: Introduction
- Squared Up’s HTML5 Dashboards & Web Console for SCOM – Part 2: Prerequisites
- Squared Up’s HTML5 Dashboards & Web Console for SCOM – Part 3: Installation
- Squared Up’s HTML5 Dashboards & Web Console for SCOM – Part 4: Activation
- Squared Up’s HTML5 Dashboards & Web Console for SCOM – Part 5: Configure the SCOM Data Warehouse
- Squared Up’s HTML5 Dashboards & Web Console for SCOM – Part 6: Customize Dashboards
Once you have the prerequisites installed, we can move onto the product installation.
Start by running the SquaredUpInstaller.exe. The version that I am using for this review is version 126.96.36.1990.
On the Welcome screen, click Next.
On the License Agreement screen, check the “I accept the license agreement” checkbox, and click Next.
After the prereqs are checked, on the Ready To Install screen click Next.
On the Management Server Address screen, provide either the IP address, computer name, or FQDN of the Operations Manager Management Server, then click Next.
Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
To confirm the installation completed successfully, navigate to http://<ServerName>/SquaredUp. You should see a webpage similar to the following.
Note: To log into the dashboard, use your Active Directory (AD) credentails (i.e. DOMAIN\UserName).
Next we’ll move onto Part 4: Activation of the product.